- On the George Washington Parkway at the entrance to Bridgeyard Apartments – 1204 S Washington St, Alexandria, VA
- Please Note: Due to heightened security, no backpacks, bags or other items are allowed in the start or finish area.
- Bag check will be located in the finish area near the Back on My Feet tent. All items dropped off must be in a clear bag
Parking: There is free parking within a short walk of the start line in Old Town Alexandria.
- Free Parking is available on both sides of Washington St (see map here)
- Additional street parking is available on adjacent side streets within a few blocks of the start area.
- There is no shuttle service available for runners this year. We encourage you to carpool or use a ride sharing service such as Lyft or Uber.
- If you are planning to use a ride sharing service, plan to have your driver drop off near Jones Point park which is a short walk under the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to the Bridgeyard Apartments parking area.
The following road closures begin at 6:00 a.m. (Please plan to arrive before 6:00 a.m. to avoid delays):
- Washington St will be closed to thru traffic at Duke St
- Exit 177C from I495 will be closed
- The George Washington Parkway will be closed in both directions
- The Half Marathon starts promptly at 7:00 a.m. & the 6k will start about 7:10 a.m.
On the Course:
- Check the course map here
- Water available at miles 3, 5, 7
- Water and Gatorade available at mile 9
- Please note, there are no water stations on the bridge
Support Back on My Feet:
Our Official Charity Partner for the race this year is Back on My Feet DC. Our friends at BoMFDC are helping the homeless move their lives forward one step at a time. You are part of their amazing work by choosing to run the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon! Check out their website at dc.backonmyfeet.org.
PLEASE HELP! Pledge your support for the 2017 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon Charity Chaser to help Back on My Feet combat homelessness in Washington, DC!
A Charity Chaser is an individual who starts the race is last place and “chases” the runners in front of him/her in an attempt to pass as many runners as possible before crossing the finish line. For each runner that the Charity Chaser passes during the race, supporters make a small donation to show their support. Funds raised by the Charity Chaser support Back on My Feet’s mission to combat homelessness through the power of running, community support, and essential housing and employment resources.