2016 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon University Training Program provided by Marathon Charity Cooperation
Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon University again is enrolling student-athletes, now for the 2016 racing season. This year, WWBHU student-athletes will be coached by Marathon Charity Cooperation (MCC), whose coaching staff has trained thousands of full and half marathoners over the past 20 years through its Summer Training Program. MCC operates the Alexandria Running Festival, the May 29th partner of WWBH for the 2016 Alexandria Double.
Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon University starts in July and is designed to prepare runners for the half marathon distance of 13.1 miles leading up to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon & 6k on October 2, whether it’s your first half or whether you are trying to improve on previous experiences. Student-athletes are welcomed to begin their training with the Summer Training Program in May with the full marathon training program to start building a stronger base of mileage in preparation for a targeted half marathon training regimen starting in July.
Here are some of the highlights of the WWBHU program:
- Group runs every Saturday from May 7th to October 29th with on-course support, a post-run celebration each week with plenty food and drink, and a free post-run yoga session;
- Top-notch experienced RRCA-certified and USATF-certified coaching staff. Coaches are present at each training run and provide assistance throughout the training program;
- Specially designed Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon University technical t-shirts;
- Runners in our program vary from first-timer to veterans;
- Informational seminars on topics such as nutrition, injury prevention, hydration, fundraising, strength building, and equipment;
- Online discussion forum to communicate with coaches and for additional support;
- Discounts at local running stores and several local races including 15% off the 2016 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon;
- Social activities and an extensive support network.
Final EXAM – October 2, 2016 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon & 6k
Tuition for the 2016 Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon University:
$90 early bird until June 15
$100 from June 16 to July 4
$120 after July 4
Registration is available on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon & 6k registration site accessible from www.wilsonbridgehalf.com
For more information, contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org